Senior Rail Car Scheduler
4J Energy, LLC is reviewing applicants for our NGL/LPG Rail Scheduler position. We are currently seeking a high-energy professional who is customer-focused to join our entrepreneurial organization as an NGL/LPG Rail Car Scheduler. This role is for rail fleet coordination/rail scheduling with the goal of providing optimization for 4J Energy’s NGL/LPG business while maximizing commercial value.
- Schedule rail cars to gather, transport, and deliver NGL/LPGs for Trading businesses in North America.
- Lead day-to-day rail car scheduling and operations including fleet orders, inventory management, invoicing, and regulatory reporting.
- Record all related purchase, sale and exchange activities in the trading and rail management systems.
- Collaborate on and communicate operational costs, optimization initiatives and manage all expenses of the NGL/LPG Rail business.
- Partner with traders to manage physical inventory positions and recommend trade activity based on interactions with third parties
- Manage relationships with Class 1 Railroads, negotiate freight terms, negotiate Rail Car leases, and overall manage the rail business
Required qualifications: Bachelor’s degree 5+ years of experience in oil and gas-related scheduling and/or transportation. On-call availability for evening, weekend and holiday scheduling emergencies. Team player and ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills. Strong attention to detail and organization skills. Excellent communication and customer management. Significant experience operating in Microsoft Excel.
- Rail scheduling or fleet management experience.
- Experience in the NGL/LPG commodity space.
- Experience in a trading organization.
- Ship Xpress or similar platform experience.
If you are interested please send your resume to email@example.com along with a brief description of your interest in the position.