Entry Level Staff Accountant – Energy Trading and Logistics
4J Energy, LLC, a dynamic energy trading and logistics company located in West Houston, is reviewing applicants for an Entry Level Staff Accountant. This role will work directly with the Director of Accounting, a former Big-4 auditor dedicated to coaching and professional development.
Ideal candidate will strike a balance between being a trusted resource for maintaining consistent, timely, and accurate accounting records and a career-minded professional interested in gaining valuable hands on experience working across business lines and directly with company management.
- Participate in month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries, reviewing general ledger accounts, and researching potential account discrepancies
- Record incoming bills, generate outgoing invoices, and application of cash in the accounting system
- Monthly financial performance reporting, variance analysis, and ad hoc project support
- Assisting with audit fieldwork for both operational and financial audits
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP
- Detail and deadline-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- QuickBooks experience or training
- Microsoft VBA/macro development experience
- Articulate communicator, both personable and professional